Tuesday, 14 April 2009
Thank you so mush for your prayer for our friend Stefaan. At present we are awaiting news if a second surgery will happen today or not. It seems that the neurologist might have a second try at attaching some nerves but a scan will show if this is indeed viable. He is in high care at present and if a second operation is not done today, his head will be raised tomorrow and then at least he can read or watch television. We should be able to see him coming weekend, if all goes well.
I feel I need to add some details to explain the situation - then two of them are running a family business that S father built up over the years - he passed away after a long battle with kidney and brain cancer a year and a half ago and left S in charge of the business as he has been running it with his dad for the last couple of years. As things tend to happen with deaths and families with lots of money, the will actually caused almost more pain than the death and as a result both his sisters are not on talking terms with him. I am praying that at least something good will come from this tragedy by bringing the family together again. His one sister has already been to hospital to visit him. The other one live in England.
So, apart from keeping her family together in a crises, giving birth etc, Ilse also has to help S run the business. His mom has early onset Alzheimer's and just dealing with that is an enormous task. I spent most of Sunday evening informing our greater group of friends and everybody is offering the support they can.
So please, if I may ask your continued prayers and once again, thanks for your support.