Thursday 23 April 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday


I love that Thursdays are set aside to play along with Nicole at What a trip :

Let's take a look at my public holiday yesterday:
  • Time I stood in the queue to vote and vote: 30 minutes (We are lucky - we have a great local polling station)
  • Time I spent at the grocery store afterward: 25 minutes.
  • Amount of children 5 and under at our home: 5
  • Amount of time spent napping (me) : 3 minutes
  • Amount of craft projects done: 2
  • Amount of meals and snacks served:21
  • Amount of pages read in my book: 1,5
  • Amount of time spent reading and commenting on blogs(posts were pre- posted) 20 minutes
  • Amount of meals made for the freezer: 2
  • Amount of time given to Hunter to nap/study/gym/see Stefaan - approx. 5,5 hours
  • Amount of time watching TV after all the kids were in bed:1 hour
So this list looks all wrong for Thanksgiving Thursday, but the point is, that although I had a very tough and exhausting day, I am thankful for:
  • The honor of being able to cast my vote in what seems to be a peaceful and relatively fair election
  • Being in a great voting district with a very efficient little poling station. Some people queued for hours.
  • The ability to help our friends in tough times.
  • That the little girls are so happy to be with us - Annik even napped for an hour next to Hunter and both ate so well.
  • To do my part in helping Hunter to continue with his studies.
  • Providing him the time to visit Stefaan.
  • That Stefaan is continuing to improve although he feels very little in his one leg.
  • Having a great book to read tonight, when hopefully all will be a bit quieter.
  • And having the time to watch The Mentalist - my current favorite show.
Our day in pictures:

Voting time

Making tiaras

Princesses

Doghouse castle style.

Snacktime





So you use a spanner for?

7 comments:

  1. Love these pics. What a fun and productive day! Here is sit in my pjs at 9 A.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list and great pictures:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wrench being used on a cookie (?) picture. The expression is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your positive take on such a full day. the pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list! You go girl! That is a ton of items accomplished!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THOSE ARE GREAT PICS!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thankful list!

    You have such a beautiful heart and your friends are so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?