Hosted by Chris
20/365: Here fishy, fishy...
I set a difficult task for myself- photograph the office fish and capture the reflection on to the side of the bowl.
21/365: Ten little piggies:
I have decided to do feet shots of the kids before those feet grow much bigger. Today was Little man L - my only willing model. Edited to sepia tone in Photoshop.
It has been raining for a week and as I left for work the rain drops in the little rock roses looked like diamonds. Pity there was not a spot of sunlight to enhance the glitter effect.
23/365: Our national flower:
I bought the proteas at the Farmers market. Beautiful and will last for weeks.
24/365: Tutu princess:
Miss Annik twirling in the tutu I made for her on her birthday party on Sunday.
MAMMA SELF DOEN! (Mammy, I want to do it myself!) We are having a lot of that at the moment.
It was a long day.... Hunter was working late and Little man C only settled down at 9:15 when I remembered that I have not taken a photo yet. So I poured myself a nice bath, took this picture and just as I lowered myself into it, a little voice cried from the doorway: "Mamma.....". It was a short bath, but a sleep through night for the rest of the night.
Woke up this morning to a misty Pretoria - a very unusual occurrence this time of the year. I literally had to hang out of our top window to capture this shot of our neighbour's garden.
I spent a bit of money last night at the Exclusive Books sale , most books below 50% of their original price- amongst others Dan Brown's newest offering and the full illustrated Chronicles of Narnia. The top book on the pile is calle "African Odyssey" and is a 365 photo book on the Serengeti. Perfect present for Hunter.
I am just loving Friday fragments - have all sorts of stupid random things happening in my mind.
1. We are going to have a very busy very party-filled weekend. Looking forward to that.
2. Only went to gym twice this week - maybe I can fit my 3rd session in this weekend.
3. It's just a few days away from book club and I have not finished my 3 books this month. Not a great way to start the year! I have finished two and my third is "The story of Edgar Sawtelle" and boy it's thick. But I am really enjoying it. I might have to return it and finish reading it when it is not picked by someone else.
4. It seems as we have seen the end of our very rainy two weeks. And I thought we will have an El Nino year this year.
5. I have so much work to do I better stop blogging and go on!
6. I am contemplating giving a weekly shout-out to another South African blogger as most of my peeps are from overseas and I am just getting into the other SA girls. Would you like to get to know more SA bloggers?
7. And one little boy (L) made a no 2 in his potty! Way to go!
8. Another little boy (C) has not been sleeping well the last 3 nights - last night was a disaster. Bith Hunter and I are so tired this morning.
9. I hear on the news that tourists had to be airlifted off Machu Pichu's Inka ruins is Peru due to heavy rains. It has always been a dream of mine to do the hiking trail and visit it. One day, some day.
10. And on that note our Lotto stands on 55 million rands tonight - now that can set you up for life. And free to tour to Machu Pichu!
Have a great weekend all!