So, this November (and this year) I have been grateful for:
- Lucy's cooking - although basic and not great in variance, it allows be the opportunity to have a way more relaxed afternoon with the kids and a healthy home cooked meal. It really makes all the difference.
- Our puppies - they are always happy to see me, ready for a cuddle and a chat. I am especially thankful that although elderly they are still in great health.
- Ice lollies - the fruit juice sugar free ones. Great refreshment on hot days and healthy.
- Good schools that has our children's wellbeing - educational and emotional as a priority
- Watermelon, cantaloupe and sweet melons - love the melon season and the kids adore it.
- Successful projects this year and a slowing down of the tempo for now.
- The prospect of more projects next year.
- The area in which our offices are located - although I am close to many shopping centres, we overlook a small nature reserve and we have the joy of seeing blesbuck and duiker daily and a huge collection of birds visit the dams around the offices.
- Flat summer sandals in all sorts of colours - one of my summer joys.
- The area where we live - we are in a radio control area and people care about their neighbours (mostly) - last night a dog was lost and reunited with its owners thanks to the radio network.
- The chickens in the street, the bushbabies, guinea fowl and bunnies that makes our street a nicer place to live. I love that the kids this year had the chance to see little chicks come out of their eggs.
- Good friends who will always make a plan to see us.
- Occasional flowers from the garden - we do not have lots of flowering plants, but the occasional flower makes me very happy - as does my courtyard of Irisses every year at the end of September.
- Washi tape, coloured pens, paper, cardstock and mosaic tiles - things that fuel my creative urge.
- The gym - and being able to exercise when I get the chance. And to swim with the kids over weekends.
- Tea with the hubby in the evenings - our little ritual of happiness.
- A generally healthy year - I do not think we had so few visits to the doctor in the last 5 years.
- My iPerd (iPad) that has been such a time saver this year. I am not sure I would have coped on site without it. (and now I am not even mentioning the entertainment part of it)
- My camera and lenses - I love that I can take nice pictures that will form part of the memories of our family into the future.
- Rain - highveld thunderstorms that cools the heatwave down.
- A good steak as made by Hunter on the gas braai - there really is very few that will beat the yummynss of this!
- A postcard from my one BFF in Canada when they visited Croatia. I love to get postcards of pretty places.
- A long and unexpected Facebook chat with a friend that just lift the mood.
- Our house - although possibly too small for us, it provides us with all we need. Truly our castle as the kids refer to it.
- Our cars - that went through the year without huge problems (this one was a very close shave).
- My Mr C who provides me with much joy - he truly has such an amazing way to see the world. Best of all - he tells you in detail just how he sees it
- My Mr L who has just made so much progress this year. His enthusiasm and determination is incredible.
- My Princess who this year has truly grown up so fast. She has really tried her very best at every opportunity and has worked so hard.
29. Hunter - my rock, my best friend, my boyfriend. Really, I can not even start to explain just how grateful I am to have him at my side in this journey through life.
30. God, my Father, my Saviour.
Yes, I know I have not mentioned parents,siblings, family and many other important people and things, but this is a daily sort of "bigs" and "smalls" list. Know that I am thankful for them too.
Photos taken by my cousin/friend A