As I am more often than not the one behind the camera (the way I like it), it took a bit of thinking and searching on the ole backup hard drive.
I really like this one with Hunter - we were so happy and relaxed at the wedding in April.
Me and the princess in Cape Town in November last year. I love this one because when I saw it I realized that regardless of how many things I really have an issue with regarding my body, I still look ok for 40.
This is one of my all time favorites taken by a professional photographer (and I can not find his website!) in December 2007. Cropped, this is still my Google profile pic and used to be my Facebook one too.
On my 40th birthday party doing the Magaliesburg treetops tour. I loved the day and the event - it was just what I wanted.
I had to include this one - Hunter's favorite of me and possibly the prettiest ever as I was all dressed up and so happy on our big day. Photograph by Partick Furter.
5 Things that I like about myself:
- I love my hair - 3 times in my life I almost lost it (once completely) and I really appreciate this curly frizzy mess - I promise to do a post about this - I have to. I love that it grows easily and that I really experiment with it. Currently I am growing once again.
- I love my boobs - I used to love them more in their DD pert and young state, but now the smaller B/C is just so much more comfy.
- I think my eyes are the part of me that people notice first - and I like them because they are so expressive.
- My nose is the best possibly available in the gene pool and believe me we have some seriously weird ones. It's a copy of granny Kate's and I am proud of it.
- My skin colour - it is darker, almost Mediterranean in colour and is really great and easy to tan and at least in winter I do not look like a white rat.
Shayne of Time Out, Lynette of A work in progress, Candice of Wolf's on Safari, Marcia of 1,2,3,blog and Karen of Momagain @ 40.