Friday 15 July 2016

Five for Friday edition 12

It's the last day of the school holidays - on Monday it's back to school for the kids and earlier rises for us all. Back into routine. I loved being able to only get up at 7 for the last 3 weeks. We have had a good holiday - a lovely break at the sea, some quiet time at home, movies, a trip to the zoo for the kids and lots of cricket and hockey practice. It seems as if every mom has been trying to organize a last day before school starts play date for their kids. Without me initiating a single one all 3 my kids are spending the day with friends for one last play date before school starts.

Marcia tagged me a while ago on Instagram to a sort of meme where you are given a topic for the month with subtopics every day to draw or doodle and post. It was just what I needed to get me drawing again and I have completed my firs two page spread. Check out #ptldoodles if you want to join too. No need to be an artist - it is about exploring being creative and practicing your drawings

I have taken part in The Winter Book Swap organized by Cupcake. I loved my parcel of goodies and book received but loved it even more that the recipient of my box was so happy with her box of goodies.

Guys you need to shop around for everything. Mr C bought this same Lego set at City gifts and toys for R359 4 days before we saw this price at Reggies. I am wondering how the big shops can justify the difference of a whole R91!


I have joined a project choir for a set of performances in August. I am extremely excited about this - it is the first time in years that I will sing in a proper choir. This one is huge too - they are aiming for 400 voices with both the soprano and alto parties full, they are now looking to fill up the male numbers. We are singing songs from the musicals - some of my favorite music ever.

With that - I hope you have a great weekend and why not join in with your Five for Friday?

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the doodles, it is a good way to get back to sketching. I used to sketch really well, when I did it everyday, not so much anymore.
    The choir sounds very interesting. Cannot wait to read more about it.
    PS: Thanks for the heads up on gateway to Space. We have booked tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're in the choir! You're going to have such fun!!!

    Glad you love the doodles :)

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?