Friday 4 August 2017

Just to breathe


We spent the last week of the school holiday in the beautiful Karoo. It was an amazing experience and I am still struggling to come to terms with the constant noise on the building site I am spending so much time on at the moment. It was quite possibly one of my favorite family holidays ever. I just loved the simple quietness, the icy cold mornings and the total change of pace.

It is incredible how fast one adapts to the cold. The first morning there was -12degrees Celcius aroun 7 in the morning. It was freezing. The day and days in general got progressively warmer but funny enough, no one complained about the cold. A made a game of seeing how cold see could see a thermometer on.

We read, ate, played and just relaxed. It was a wonderful time in the company of great friends. Life is extremely tough at the moment and I am a bit of a mess in general. I think this time of repose may have saved my sanity. The kids just slipped into farm mode and had so much fun.  The heart stone below was found by Mr L and I am keeping in on my bedside table in fond memory of a great time out for us.




6 comments:

  1. I fondly note that you mentioned "read" first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had a great time! As always you take lovely photos!
    Hoping things will start to slow down for the rest of the year! (While saying this I know it probably won't. Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch! Hope things settle very soon!

    Noticed all the stunning pics on FB, looks like it was an amazing holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pics of the magical Karoo
    I hope you find peaceful times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are brilliant! Hope your upcycle come soon and things ease up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pics make me want to return to the Karoo

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?