Monday 9 June 2008

Am becomming super hospital mommy

It seems that the average span between hospital visits in our home is about 2 weeks. Either that or The Little Miss felt she was not to be left behind in that department. Imagine my excitement at receiving a call from the nanny at 2:30 on Friday afternoon informing me than she has managed to wedge a bead into her nose that can be felt now at the top of the nose but not seen. A quick call to the paediatrician's office confirmed that the nearest emergency room is the answer. So off we sped to the ER - luckily it was the nanny's night to stay with the twins so I had someone at home with them as you ever know how long this could take. I think we waited for a mere 10 minutes - just enough time to get crayons and a colouring book out and spread everything on a chair, and were than called into a cubicle. The friendly doctor could just see the bead and (oh we were soooo lucky!) it had a huge stringing hole - she used a special instrument and pop, out came the bead! A. was a model patient and although I could see she was very scared, she kept perfectly still and just shed a few brave tears.She then proceeded to lecture The Little Miss about not sticking things into one's ears and nose and not eating anything that is not food.


I took her for fries and milkshake because she was so brave and made her once again promise not to stick anything up any body cavity. Ever.

3 comments:

  1. I can't help but giggle just a little. Kids really do the darndest things. Hope she learned her lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That last line just left me with the giggles. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest has tried this a couple of times, but fortunately without needing the drive to the hospital. I'm certainly glad your little miss didn't do herself damage in the process.

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?