Friday, 13 November 2009
Friday Fragments and
I am just loving Friday fragments- so tempting to be able to just wrap up the week in little tidbits. So here goes:
Everybody that has ever given me an award knows I am terrible acknowledging these - so, I now make a point of doing it on Fridays. And this award just fits the bill nicely for some randomness on a Friday.
The always charming and delightful Debi over at Who says eight is enough? gave me this lovely award....
The Gorgeous Blogger Award
Here are the rules:
By accepting this award I am required to tell you six things about myself that you don't know and then award it to six other gorgeous bloggers.
1. I hate wearing the same pair of shoes for two days running - I never do. I will change my outfit if I have no other choice rather than wearing the same shoes.
2. I am currently addicted to health muffins sold by a Deli doing the rounds in our office park. This has to stop - it is costing me money and not being very kind to my spastic colon. At least they are jam-packed with healthy stuff.
3. When I get home in the afternoons, I immediately take of my shoes and jewellery. I can not stand to have them on any longer than that.
4. I love to drink a cup of tea in bed before going to sleep. Before bedtime downstairs is just not the same. I don't know why.
5. I am really not going to the gym as much as I wanted to - I really need to get on with this one!
6. I can literally not wait the week and a half until I get my images for the rest of our photo shoot. I am just so excited about them and can not wait to get going on Christmas presents for the grandparents. No Jeanette, I am not rushing you, take your time - I am just excited.
I started my blog reading when I was pregnant with the twins and subsequently my blogging friends are mostly moms of multiples in America and Canada.So I am currently trying to get to know more Africa bloggers, therefore I am nominating the following girls who most are brand new friends (except Candice and Momcat) - here's to new blogging friends : ( I also know some of my readers read my blog because I am from this little corner of the world, so explore a bit more in the Mother continent)
Candice @ Wolf's on safari - an American girl living temporary in South Africa
Cairo typO @ Wondering the world - a new friend who is just the most loyal commenter and who is at least currently living in Africa.
Jenty@Jenty's ramblings - a working mom and brilliant photographer
Lynette@A work in progress - what a gran - if I can only look like that when I am a gran.
Gillian@ A peak into our lives - a Scottish girl now happily South Africa
Momcat@Truth is stranger than fiction - mom of teenagers and loyal follower for a while
Girls, I don't even know if you "do" awards, but take it or leave it.
Hosted by Cecily
These black plastic motorbikes are a South African favorite. For the boys we got the "new improved" version, called a Y-bike, but the Lil Miss still has her old one and uses it. So how do you liven it up and more important, get it girly enough? So we did a bit of crafting:
One black plastic bike
And the result:
She loved helping mommy with this and is so proud of her personalised bike.