Today, 3 years ago was the first day of my maternity leave with the boys.
For the previous month I have been going home a bit earlier to nap in the late afternoon but for the first week in September I
- I picked up 15 kg (33 pounds) only - I found it hard to eat and went on a high protein diet that Dr Barbie suggested - the babies kept growing well, I lost weight. Great deal.
- I did preggy yoga until 34 weeks - I believe it is part of why we managed to keep them in so long to get nice and well cooked.
- The last 6 weeks I could not turn around in bed - Hunter had to take me by the tummy and turn me.
- He also painted toe nails and shaved my legs - yes I know, sainthood awaits. ( I was advised not to wax due to the high risk pregnancy)
- I was 3 months short of 39 when the boys were born.
- I was never nauseous though the whole pregnancy - ok I am sure the schedule 4 meds had something to do with it. We cold not risk dehydration with my kidney problems.
- I had very light heartburn only 3 times and never even opened the bottle of Gaviscon. C had my tummy pressed as flat as a pancake but I have a tummy valve of steel.
- I joined Facebook in those 2 weeks of bedrest.
- No 42 maternity wear only just fitted in those last 3 weeks.
- I could hardly walk to the car on the day the boys were born - felt as if L was falling out.
- I ate an extra small meal usually consisting of rusks and milo round 1 almost each morning through the pregnancy - then I watched " In the Womb, Multiples.
- My stunning hairdresser had my mom pic up professional colour from her to colour my hair in those last 3 weeks as I was too big to sit down for long enough at a salon.
- I measured as big with the twins at 28 weeks as I was with the Princess at 38 weeks.
- The last two weeks I was constantly sore - my skin actually started to tear.
- I only had Braxton Hicks contractions 4 times in the last week. Never in the rest of the pregnancy.
- I craved tomatoes. In any form. Also Steers soft serve ice-cream - what the hec, I still crave that ice-cream.
- I got physiotherapy for the back pain and wore a preggy support belt.
- I also had a craving for coffee - uno problemo.