I am so glad it's Friday today - this week has been brutal work wise. So without further ado - let's get the mental de-cluttering done.
- The silkworms are by now huge monsters eating way more than I can possibly imagine. No spinners yet.
- It's cousin Karla's matric farewell ball tomorrow night and I have been asked to take her photos. I am super excited as she want pictures in the veld. (Matric farewell ball is like senior prom)
- The Princess is still playing around with that tooth, waiting for it to fall out. For the record, after asking here and on several other forums the fee per tooth is between R10 and R20, except if you are in Joburg's wealthier areas wher it can be up to R100! In America it is $1.
- We have a water leak in our garden in one of the flower beds. As I am writing this the plumber is fixing the pipe.I am very scared of our water bill coming at the end of the month.
- I got some brioche for Jay's cafe in Hobart shopping centre in Bryanston yesterday. It is beyond tasty. Super yummy.
- I am in a lot less pain today after my fall on Wednesday. Yesterday I thought that I would have to get to the doctor as I was in so much pain.
- It took me just short of 2 hours to get from Joburg to Pretoria yesterday from 3 pm as I was caught in the first big thunder storm of the season.
- And yes, it rained! It was amazing to hear the thunder, smell the rain and hear it fall. The first thunder storm (in fact a lot of them) here in Africa is truly spectacular.
- It was great that the boys was ok with the storm - at least they remembered it, not like last year when they were terrified.
- I am really looking forward to our December holidays - we are going away twice and see the sea in two provinces. It is going to be epic!
- It's the first week that Little man L went without a daytime pull-up. No 1 is going fine, no 2 is still a not so wee little problem.
- Little man C asks me every single day to go camping. Every single day. I am promising December. Every single day.
- I am so enjoying reading "When will there be good news" by Kate Atkinson. Review to follow soon at Cat's bookclub. If you want to read a really great book, the last one I reviewed was brilliant - my best read this year.
- I have wanted a Kindle ever since they came out here - now I would rather get an ipad - our IT guy has one and I am in love. What better to read your books and blog on a tablet.
Come share in the blog hop: