Monday 15 November 2010

October 2010 -Book 27


 The Vintage Caper by Peter Mayle
Peter Mayle is well known for his bestsellers featuring France and more specifically Provence. I have thoroughly enjoyed the other books that I have read by him and this one is no exception.

A lively little detective story featuring the world's best wines and a good shot of humor, takes place between the USA and France. As per usual it is Mayle's descriptions of the French food and lifestyle that brings the real magic to the book. Warning - do not read hungry! The French national character is featured and displayed through some of the colourful characters that populate this book.

I am left with a desire to return to France as soon as possible. To sit at the little cafes, eat the food, drink the wine and look at the people - the very same feeling I have after every wingle book I have read by the author. And certainly some day I will.
An easy and entertaining read, I will certainly recommend it with a 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what's on your mind?