- The Princess is dancing her mock RAD primary exam this morning. My mom took her and I am waiting to hear how it went. But the hair! Gosh, what a drama -they had to have two pony tails to make two buns above the ears today and one should not wash their hair for a few days before making the buns as it "holds" better if the hair is not squeaky clean. So there were lots of tangles and lots of tears. As soon as ballet exams are over we are seriously going to cut off quite a bit of hair.
- Yesterday I picked up the kids from school and then hopped on the Gautrain bus and then the train itself to meet Hunter at the Midrand station to go with him to a wildlife related function at St Stithians school. It all went so well with the train, I am still amazed and my, what a school! It was lovely to spend some time alone with the hubby - I really need it.
- Little man L is having his tonsils removed on Tuesday - it is really high time and the only reason we have not done it earlier was the dreaded eye operation that was a possibility for so long - not wanting him to have two bit of anesthetic so close to each other. I am really hoping this will help him a lot. And promptly he then developed tonsillitis just a few hours after seeing the ENT - who faxed me a script.
- Work is a nightmare - yesterday was a super crappy day. And I still can not get it that clients think you press a few buttons on the computer and magically a new design appears. It does not really work like that - there is a thinking process involved somewhere along the line. So yesterday I probably packed two days of work into 9 hours - gee, it was crazy. And I was tired as L slept crappy with his sore throat.
- There has been a lot of talk about social media and marketing in the office and industry - and guess who is tasked to run this in the office? Jip, me!
- On the 8th of October it is our high school reunion. I am in charge with the decorating etc. I have about 4 girls to help and we are keeping it simple - fairy lights, bougainvilla branches etc. But I am still stressing.
- Doing the September to do list on the blog has totally freaked me out - not sure if I will do it again, but it has been a rather tough month.
- I need to finish my 2008 photo book tonight or I will not get my 20 free pages from Qphoto. I still have October to December to do - a late night looming.....
- I am going to the hairdresser on Saturday - I am starting to look like those fashionable grey haired woman - but just the bits on my head. Not a great look!
- I have been asked to present mosaics at the Boys' schools' next "Moms night out". I have not told you much about the first, but a great idea and last time I learned beading. So of course I am stressing, but I know I will be fine.
- In a very unfortunate twist of fate we have the Boys' very first concert/ Christmas tree on exactly the same night as the Princess' very last concert/Christmas tree in nursery school. I have simply asked the Boys' school which is smaller and has known us for years to consider moving theirs. Holding thumbs that this will happen.
- 6 days to cellphone upgrade day.... Guess what I am getting?
- I am super excited by the fact that the office is very likely going to provide me with a tablet device of some sort (at the moment it looks like an i-pad).It is increasingly used on site by the building industry and I have a very big and exciting project starting first thing next year.
- I can NOT get rid of Disqus on my blog - I have tried 3 times, every time it tells me that I have removed it and must wait 48 hours, every time it does not happen. So for now it is staying - I simply have neither the time nor the energy to fiddle any further.
- And I have been a rather shoddy blogging buddy for the last 2 weeks - very little reading and comments. My apologies - simply super busy.
Thursday, 29 September 2011
A lot going on.
The usual bullet catch up on a day like today. I am actually super stressed at the moment - not one thing in particular - ok, maybe work, but also a lot of odd bits thrown in together.