- Hunter had a first aid course this week in the evenings so I have the bath and bedtime thing all on my own - it is tiring but it went well. I stand in awe every day at how single parents cope.
- The weather is simply fantastic and we have an early Spring/ Summer around here. I know we will have a good cold front still some time in September but I am loving the heat.
- The Princess is at her ballet exam course today and tomorrow and next weekend - one of the twice yearly ballet crunch times. She is being rather dedicated, which I love, by practicing to the DVD I took almost every evening.
- I bought the books for Booklclub this week and amongst them is the last "Spud" book in the series. Boy, am I enjoying it!
- On Tuesday the school has English speech festival (one of only two Afrikaans schools in the city that participates in it) - she decided on her own that she will be reciting an English poem. She knows it well but I am afraid she is not as well rounded as for the drama because we are doing this on our. But I am sure it will go well enough and I know she will try her best.
- I have ordered paint (we get a nice industry discount at one of the suppliers) and painting the interior of the house will start soon. I am still not 100% sure about the colour I chose with my favorite of -white colour (Plascon Tranquil) but it's just paint. We can always re paint.
- I am on a mission to catch up on framing the family photograph gallery and will pick up the last prints today. Hopefully we will hang all on the weekend so that we can repaint the wall with anchors in tact.
- I am enjoying our new/old vinyl record player so much. Over the weekend I plan to unpack our old vinyls.
- With the nice weather we are thinking of opening the summer drive-in season tonight. Ice age 4 is showing and the Dark Knight - it remains to be seen if Hunter and I will actually stay awake for the Dark Knight but I have no problem leaving after Ice age. At R 65 for the whole family it is still a bargain.
- Qphoto now has a Picassa photobook that has "lie flat" pages. I am very excited about this and have decided to see if I can take over the work I have done on our 2011 album to it or possibly re-do. I have only done January.
- The school has requested L's last term report with his OT evaluation and the principal is reviewing his entry and placement with a teacher. I am a bit nervous about this as it's been a week and I have not heard anything. Let's hope no news is good news. In any event, the next step will be to have a meeting with us and his OT and not a flat out refusal. We might not even get to that. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers for that please.
- Mr L has moved from phase 1 OT to phase 2 OT - so now we have homework (other than almost play things as previously) to real paper work. In order to get this done I make 3 copies of everything and just let all 3 kids do it. It is of course well below the Princess' level, but she still enjoys "playing school" with them and almost assume a teacher role as she does it with them.
- And I am planning a "There's no place like Space" party! Jip, the boys requested it. I am actually quite excited because "Space" is a great theme and I love non commercial (ie not Spiderman, Bob the builder etc) parties - apart from the Princess' 5th (it was a Hello Kitty Ballet - but I did none of the commercial stuff - made all myself) we have never had a commercial party in the family.
- I need to tidy and clear my clothes cupboard for the summer stuff! Yeah summer.
- Hunter brought me some Sally Williams chocolate covered nougat the last two nights. I think Nougat must be the very best in sweetness every.
Friday, 24 August 2012
Friday bits and pieces
So how is everyone? Gosh this week has flown by at a speed! Things have been hugely busy at work and everything is happening at a deadly pace. So what's going on?