But let me give you a rundown of what's happening:
- Today is the birthday of my BFF in Oz - I miss you so much my dear H. What about coffee and cake at Isabella's at 1? Amazing how you always knew that a friend is precious but that you only realize how deep that feeling runs when they are too far to share that coffee and cake with you.
- It is also the birthday of my friend Mieks that tragically passed away at the age of 39 now 4 years ago. Her facebook profile still exist and it bring a huge lump in my throat to see how many of us still congratulate her every year.
- The party planning for the boys is going full steam ahead and most of the shopping has been done. Now I need to pack bags, make cakes and do the theme stuff.. I was caught a bit off sides by Mr C - I presumed they would both like the nice rocket cake (similar to the invite) I planned but alas, no! He informed me that he wants a solar system cake and proceeded to draw the solar system for me as an example. After a lot of weighing of options and talk we settled on a planet cake, and he choose his favorite planet, Uranus for his cake (who has a favorite planet, I mean really?). Anyway, it has to have exactly the right amount of rings and moons so I will have to make sure my research is 100% for my very particular Bear. Mr L of course loves the idea of a rocket cake. So it seems we have the perfect party theme to make both boys very happy. I have also managed to find sherbet for the party - the one thing they both asked for. (Last year it was those party blowers - they drive me mad so I am very happy it is only sherbet).
- We have a plan in conjunction with the school for next year for our Lion. I am very happy with the way our school has treated the whole situation after initially being irritated with their insistence on evaluating him. I have to sort one or two details out next week and then I will tell you all. Suffice to say that I am more sure than ever that even before we knew we chose the right school for him by choosing the same one for our Princess. The Lord has wonderful ways of providing before you even knew you needed to be provided for.
- Cameron van den Burgh visited the Princess' school last week (with a few other schools in Pretoria). He talked to them about winning, persevering, living your dreams and about doing your best, although it might not be the best there is. The Princess was delighted with her silver certificate for art in the arts festival (awarded the same day) although a friend won gold - do you think we have a break through? Maybe the lesson from and Olympian made sense? He greeted every kid personally - I am totally impressed with this young man who on Tuesday returned to the school to open the school's revamped pool.
- As to weekend goals, well, I have one only - enjoy the peace and quiet of a weekend away with friends in the bush. I hope you enjoy your long weekend ( for the overseas girls - we have a public holiday on Monday celebrating the diverse heritage of South Africa - a perfect weekend to celebrate our natural heritage in the bush)
Enjoy your weekend!