It is as if the heaps of things that are happening in our lives have reached boiling point inside me today. As if the stress of sick grandparents, insurance stuff and the worry about getting L into the right school (to just touch the surface) is just at a point where my brain cuts off and does all kind of funny.
Therefore before I sit, tidy my desk and make a new to do list (my usual way to gear my brain into action) I am going to self medicate towards positive thoughts by doing a bit of gratitude journalling. Last night as we sat around the dining room table Hunter urged us to share one thing that was great about the day. Boy, I really had to think long and hard to find one. I intend to change this - to focus more on the positive - it's the small stuff that makes us happy after all. (Yes I am always thankful for my wonderful hubby and kids, house etc - this is more the little things that add to that)
So right now I am thankful for:
- My new green mug that fits my new office paint colours. It just makes me happy
- The police calling and ensuring that they are actually doing something about my camera theft
- Leftovers from last night for lunch waiting in the fridge
- A book to read and a bench in the garden to sit outside -I am so going to take my lunchtime break today in the office garden. It;s one of those gorgeous sunny winter days.
- That Saturday's hockey tournament was cancelled - yes, I think I am allowed to say that - the girls are a bit sad about it but it does make our day way easier.
- Did I mention before that I am going to learn how to crochet at Saturday's chess tournament? I am so excited. I really want to learn
- An easy morning and early and quick drop off at school