I have to mention that we had our first puke-free night in a week! Great!
And to go with the other post today, 5 things I have done that I am proud of:
1. I have met Madiba! I brought him tea (and he drinks hot milk in his tea) at a function at our church shortly after his inauguration as president. He thanked me for the tea and we had a short chat about my life ( he asked lots of questions) after which he spend 2 hours chatting to the children of the congregation in Afrikaans, my home language.
2. I started with horse riding lessons at the age of 30 and became a good rider in the space of a year. I won two dressage rosettes (a second and third place) in my first dressage competition an year after starting riding lessons.
3. I bought my first property on my own at the age of 23 when a lot of my friends (even the married ones) were still renting. I could sell my flat at a profit when we bought our home.
4. I backpacked through Europe with a friend for 3 months at the tender age of 19 (I turned 20 in Rome) and learned (very fast) to become independent. Up to then I led a very sheltered life.
5. I can throw pots on a wheel - this was a real accomplishment for me. I used to be a good potter ( is that the right term?) pre-kids and hope to return to it soon.