Sunday 31 October 2010

So this is how you do it.

If your blog is open and not private, you know that you run the risk of people copying your pictures, etc. es, I know I should put a logo on or such,but I have not gotten round to making one and am in general a bit lazy on the editing side. Yesterday in amongst the craziness of the day I notice a new comment on my post on Houtbaai earlier this year: "It's hard to be humble when you're from Hout Bay, and I love your photos. I run South Africa Travel Online and each week highlight a travel blog to our readers. This week I've chosen yours. We've linked to this post from the bottom of our BA newsletter."

Now people, if you want to use someone's photo - this is how you do it. Tell them about it, feature them in a newsletter or such and give them credit! Thank Karen for the compliments and good blogging etiquette. This is what she wrote and the picture she used.

Sometimes people take such high quality photos that it's impossible for me not to make a mention of them. Cat caught a flight from Lanseria to Cape Town where she spent time photographing Hout Bay.
Hout Bay harbour in Cape Town

7 comments:

  1. Kudos on the recognition!!! I remember that photo and it WAS great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great honor for you to be featured!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...now your almost famous;-D

    I resize my photos with Fast Stone Resizer and put a watermark on it at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is awesome...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful photo, I'm so happy she credited you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cat, for the kind words, you rock!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?