Wednesday 3 November 2010

LIke mother, like daughter.


Wordful Wednesday at Parenting by dummies.
The Princess has and absolute craving to create, to make and play that way. No different from me who was a potter for years, makes cards, takes photos and whatever seems appealing at the time. This weekend was a single mommy one (BTW - Hunter had offered to tell all those who have asked before what he actually does over these weekends - blog post to follow), so I was well stocked with ideas.

I bought a bag of self stick foam flowers for R15 at an art shop - we still have half of it left over, after she played around on paper and their plastic chairs, made a pencil holder for her teacher and a faerie wand for herself.
Then we baked cookies, as we often do over weekends. I love baking -I find it therapeutic. She clearly does too. I bought these brilliant cookie cutters with stencils for each and she spent more than an hour creating her edible artworks.


15 comments:

  1. Where did you get those cookie cutters - they are STUNNING! I have a whole bucket full but they are small and dont work so well with little hands.

    Looks like a very creative weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, she is just like Polly! Yesterday we were doing just that - baking baking. although I have to say she eats more of the raw dough than actually makes biscuits out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to spend the weekend!
    You are very creative! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful when you have so much in common with your daughter and baking together is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look yummy!! Looks like a great weekend was had by all. Where were the boys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! We have to do all this during their nap time atherwise it is an uphill battle. But I can see including them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look delicious - what is the recipe?

    I love baking biscuits, but easy drop cookies. I hate the flour mess :)

    Love the decorated yoghurt tub.

    I found this today - you may like it too (the extent of my craftiness)

    http://simplemom.net/eco-friendly-and-green-gift-wrapping-ideas-for-this-holiday-season

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cookies...the Little Miss is a crafty girl...watch out martha stewart, I see your competition!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get those cookie cutters? I love them!

    She did a beautiful job. Can't wait til Yaya is at the stage of creating things with a sense of order instead of placing things willie nillie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are right - those are great cookies cutters :)
    very nice cat

    betty bake blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at her creating up a storm! She did an amazing job!

    WW: Halloween Fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds just like Rachel, she loves to be making and creating stuff all the time. That stick on foam looks like a grand idea, I am going to try get some. Did you get it at the crazy store?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Sally-Jane - nope a little art supply store.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its always heart warming to see how mothers and daughters can spend some quality time together!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?