1. I have been cutting back on sugar - a lot! I used to eat a lot of sweet things - it is really my addiction - mostly jelly type sweets. I realized a while ago that sugar makes me super tired and that was the flag for me to start cutting. The result is a 4kg loss over about 4 months. I also feel a lot better most of the time.
2. Despite the above the end of the year fatigue is huge! Although I do think my fatigue is a few years old and not just this year. We have not had a good long rest in a while.
3. A danced her first SA Dance schools championship competition on Wednesday night. The girls could not compete in the novice division where they are supposed to because it clashed with the Kyknet show so they had to compete in the Lyrical advanced category. Despite that they did very well and managed a High Silver. We (and their teacher) are so very proud of how much these 4 girls have achieved this year. Personally it has been very rewarding seeing our ballerina branch into something more modern with such ease.
4. Work has been tiring - on a physical level too as I have been inspecting completed townhouses for the last few weeks. It is a workout on its own involving lost of walking, stair climbing and crunches.
5. I am so thankful for the huge big thunderstorm and rain we had this week. The water situation here is desperate and every drop is needed. Here's hoping and praying for more.
With that - best of luck for all who have kids studying or starting exams soon. What's your 5 for Friday?