So how was your week? Looking forward to the weekend? I am totally.
1. The current series of "Humans of New York" is touching me deeply. Bloody cancer - hitting so many people so very hard. I have my personal grudges against the bugger. The sadness but also the hope of these kids and their parents are talking to my heart every day. We have a little boy in our school dying at the moment....the sadness is overwhelming.
2. On the same trend - a mom at the school have been collecting bath capsules for the Pediatric cancer ward at Unitas hospital. The response has been huge and we collected a huge box between two classes. A great initiative - they hand them out with chemo to the kids to make their day just a little better they get "tablets" to play with. The photos she send back to us with thanks show the huge happiness a mere R20 given with love and care can bring.
3. All 3 the kids asked me to make some soup last night! I was at first a bit taken back and then thought wow! Great opportunity. They were remembering their days at the pre-school after care where they sometimes had soup in winter and all of a sudden they all enthusiastically requested soup. Guess who will be cooking soup this weekend? Any great recipes around?
4. With winter now it is hard to get the kids up in the morning - especially A's wake up call for hockey on Monday mornings - they are on court by 6:10 am. But this morning both the boys were dressed and ready before we went to wake them up because it is Soap box cart and gladiator course day at school. Priorities people, priorities.
5. For the first time in years I have a blogpost with no comments. A book post. In general my book posts get a lot of views and some comments - in fact I have always thought they were quite popular from the feedback I got. So tell me - do you ever read book posts? Enjoy them? I love other blogs when they pos about books but maybe that's just me? Or were it the specific books?
So what is your 5 little random thoughts for today?