- I went to the school's open day and they kept the 2013 grade R parents back to explain the new system - in place in our school and several others next year but by law in 2014. So yes, we will technically have 3 kids in Primary school next year. It almost feels as if someone had "stolen" a year of my boys' childhood. However, we were assured that they will still be treated as the 5 year olds they are and will not wear school clothes just yet.
- I am totally happy that they will have many of the Primary school privileges - amongst that chess as part of the Curriculum from grade R now and will participate in the Revue next year.
- I at last have picked up on the kids' cold for the first time this winter - I am fighting it with Septogard and early to bed times. I am hoping that, like the Princess, mine will be very short lived.
- It is very cold at the moment and I hear tomorrow we will have a maximum of 13 degrees C. I know, for some of my non SA readers this seems warm - for us this is bloody cold.
- Hunter is now a Gautrain regular to and from work - I love how for the first time ever we have clean, safe and reliable public transport.
- Tomorrow is the first Springbok rugby match for the season - we will support our Boks. I have manged to find T shirts for the kids who have all outgrown last season's. Actually we have used them for the last two seasons.
- Work is hectic - I do not seem to get on top. Enough said.
- I really feel like crafting something, or baking something. Just making something.
- I realized today that in just 2 weeks we will be heading for a blissful week in KZN. Which also means that we have only 2 weeks of school left for this term.
- Before then I have to get the boys' admission forms in and all Mr L's reports etc together.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Some random stuff
Hey, how have you all been? Yes, I have been quiet but really, life is hectic at the moment. So, some bullet points for the Friday: