Friday 16 October 2015

Every year our city falls under a purple spell

Every morning and afternoon I drive to work through purple streets. It's October - the month that Pretoria explodes in colour and beauty. The month you dodge Japanese tourists taking photos in the middle of the streets and the month you need to take hay fever meds and the bees seem to triple in number. It is however a daily treat that I can not resist capturing. And have to blog every single year! Enjoy the beauty.



Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the other day I haven't seen your purple photos yet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    And you know, I hadn't ever really noticed but Johannesburg (parts of it, anyway) is pretty much covered in Jacarandas, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, I still remember your pics from last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Jacarandas are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful. I don't get to Pretoria much, but always love the Jacarandas when I pass through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous...I would walk around with my camera all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the jacarandas and love to drive through early before they are swept up. This year for the first time I made the effort to see the white jacarandas in bloom. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason Jo'burg seems to have far more jacarandas blooming this year than usual (well, parts of Jo'burg anyway)- quite spectacular.

    I remember at school the teachers used to tell us that if the jacaranda flowers have started to fall and you haven't started to study for exams you will definitely fail.

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?