Wednesday 4 August 2010

March 2009 -Book no 8

Learning to Fly by Roxanne Henke
I am not a huge fan of Christian  fiction type books but we seem to have quite a few in the Book club. I would never have bought this book or even lend it from the library, but it caught my eye in the Book club box, and I took it home. An wow, what a great read!

It is a well written simple story of two girls growing up in the same town in two very different households with very different discipline and parenting rules. The message of this book has been in the back of my mind ever since I read it (which is more than a year ago), and I often stand back and think about a situation that is playing out in our home and weighing the consequences according to the stories in this book.

A must read for every Christian mom - and entertaining too.

Cat's rating: A well deserved 8,5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what's on your mind?