Monday 23 April 2012

Just some chatting

So how have you all been? If I have not read your newest post (which is a distinct possibility as I am way way behind on my reader) I hope all is well. On my side, a lot has been going on.

I had a solo weekend with the kids with Hunter being in the bush and the kids were really so easy. I was rather amazed. We had a little picnic at Ouma's on Saturday which the kids loved. I will post some pictures later this week.

On Saturday me and one of the other bookclub ladies made a private blog for our bookclub in order to reference the available books, share our recipes - believe me a lot of delicious food gets served at book club, and to share the photos we take from time to time.I do hope that the ladies will get with the (electronic) program and join in.

We baked another batch of Hayley's condensed milk cookies - that recipe is a total winner. Just a pity I can not stop eating them.

I am so busy at work, but I guess in the economic climate I really can not complain. A lot of architect have the opposite problem at the moment.

The Princess was at her very first "evening" party on Saturday - she was invited by friend K's brother (9) to his party, as his sisters' one friend to be her company for the evening. They did some target shooting with bow and arrow and she actually hit it once, they braaied boerewors and made "stokbrood" (dough around a stick that you grill on the fire) and did a lantern stalk which the two little girls won! I hear not without the help of the party organizer but so be it - they were so proud of themselves. She had huge huge fun and only came home at 9:30. Needless to say she had a looong Sunday nap.

I have finished reading "The Leopard" by Jo Nesbo (all 740 pages) and I think I have a new "to read" crime writer. If you enjoyed the Stieg Larsson books or is a Deon Meyer fan I can highly recommend this book. The girl hosting bookclub next month has bought the two books preceding this one. So lots of reading joy in stall for me.

And I have just had a call from friend E to join her for lunch, so until next time - hope your day is great. And that your weekend was too.


12 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great weekend with the kiddos! I'm sure your hubby enjoyed his time away, and it's a blessing that you had a good weekend, as well.

    And what a fun party for Miss A! Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a lovely easy weekend.

    Mine was a little... stressful... won't blog but I will email you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately gets easier on your own as they get bigger - doesn't it?

    i see you're reading The Help on kindle - what do you think? Did you see the movie? LOVED both. But felt very embarressed to be a white 'madam' in SA.

    Will try your book - going to see if i can order it on Kalahari intime for our weekend away.

    Polly also had her first 'evening' party this year. Too soon i say, too soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, missed the movie but am really liking the book. Order The Snowman first.

      Delete
  4. Ha-ha...I love, love reading posts about the condensed milk cookies...so awesome!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great party your Princess went to.
    I will check out the book on my Kindle. I loved the Stieg Larssen books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah stokbrood! That takes me right back to camping trips as a child. Yum! We used to dump a hole lot of butter and golden syrup down the hole and it was delicious! (even though it was ifren still a bit raw) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    have you read Night Circus - such a lovely book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really should try these condensed milk cookies that you are all raving about. Am going to add that book to my list and now I'm also lus for stok brood.
    Awesome that you had such a good weekend with wonderfully co-operative kids.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am yet to bake Hayley's cookies...I think I will have to send you money to buy me that awesome stamp first;-)
    I am also a thriller junkie...either that or biographies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamp is now out of stock in the shops but apparently you can buy it from Big Blue's online shop.

      Delete
  10. So glad you had a great weeekend with the kids and you've found a new good author!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?