Wednesday 14 January 2009

What's up?

Well, you may be asking that! I have returned to work on Monday after a 4 week holiday - our yearly summer break when the building industry closes. It was great, but tough. I have even more respect for you who are SAHM! I am truly exhausted after my 3 weeks of being this. Adding to that is 3 nights with very little sleep - Little man L has tonsillitis and Little man C might have the beginnings of asthma.

Over the holidays the plan was to catch up on some sleep, but alas! Did not happen. I tried to give H the chance in the very short week and a half he had his holiday and then never got the chance to do this myself - but that is another post on its own all together. And my excellent sleeper, The Little Miss was a very bad sleeper while we were on holiday. Ugh!

I am also busy with the preparations for her birthday party on Saturday which is turning out to be a huge affair. We are in the midst of making party boxes, decorations etc - but I love doing all this myself so I am not complaining - just tired. And the sweet hubby is so eager to help - he is truly a star!

4 comments:

  1. It's so funny that you are talking about not getting any sleep. I pretty much just stared at my ceiling all night and watched the dust collect around here. It's almost like I have a sleep disorder. I just had a baby and my ob doc said sleep disorders can be common during pregnancy. I totally have my days and nights turned around. ugh...so frustrating.

    Happy Bday to your little sweetie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. I will never understand why we need a vacation from our vacation in order to feel like we hoped. Relaxed and rejuvinated. LOL! Can't wait to see the party pics. Happy Birthday sweet heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that how it always works? You have a nice break and hope to catch up on sleep when your little ones decide it's time to wake up at all hours, ect..
    My youngest is like this. During the week she wants to sleep in, but come the weekend she'll be up bright and early.
    Have fun with the party!!!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?