Tuesday 16 August 2011

Yes, I am actually going to post about the weather.

But it was just way off the normal yesterday - blog worthy I would say.

Yesterday morning was a nice and wram, although overcast morning. I dressed in a 3/4 sleeve shortish dress with ordinary stockings( -not tights) and shoes and a T-shirt cardi and as an after thought took my warm purple jacket. Good thing I did.I had a meeting in Eastgate with one of the major clothing retailers - halfway to the other side of Gauteng for me. But I love the R21 freeway so I took that way around to the meeting. As I progressed towards the South the clouds became thicker and thicker and when I parked at Eastgate the temperature read 7 degrees Celsius.

During our meeting I saw that it has indeed started to pour outside - heavy heavy rain and as I left just after 1pm it was raining so hard that you could hardly see in front of you. Stressful driving conditions to say the least. Just to be trumped by hail just after the airport, followed by what I assume to be either sleet or snow. The temperature in the car read 3 degrees outside! It looked like a white wonderland to the sides of the road, but driving conditions was so bad that I did not take any photos. I got to the Lynnwood offramp at about 2:40! Crazy for our part of the world.

And this is what I found in the garden on Sunday - Spring too soon perhaps?


11 comments:

  1. yesterday morning I posted a photo on twitter of my blooming jasmine plant outside my window... a few hours later, the view out that same window was a snow white hail covered garden... so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend I was so hopeful that winter was now in fact over. I guess not :)

    Glad you got home safely. I believe the roads were a nightmare yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Daft Scots Lass16 August 2011 at 14:12

    We got sleet in Alberton yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on this post....what the heck is up with the weather lately. It is freezing at the coast too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! You saw my pics - I was horrified that all this white was outside our windows. But the countdown to spring continues.

    PS if you're ever my side of the world again, let me know - maybe we can have a quick lunch
    PPS can't wait for Sat - what time did we say? lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is strange at the moment! I was inside the whole day, so I missed the little bit of "snow flakes" :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been unreal this weather, hey? Not so cold here in the northern suburbs though... and certainly not lucky enough to get snow :( But man, i am looking forward to summer and all the warmth it brings :0

    ReplyDelete
  8. And they say that PE gets 4 seasons in one day......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like spring to me.  Your description of the weather sounded just like what we experienced at Yellowstone National park in July.  CRAZY WEATHER!  Glad you're safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The weather is driving me crazy.  I've had enough of the cold.  ENOUGH!

    And I have jasmine blooming in my garden - with temps of less than 10 deg daily?  Most odd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to see Spring signs everywhere - so beautiful and it does excite me as well :)

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?