Wednesday 18 September 2013

A bit of a catch up.

Life on a trot. Yes, that's about what's happening in our part of the world. Work is keeping me extremely busy, life at home and the school has been hectic. Leaving blogging (and reading) just about the last item on my to do list.

But we are all doing fine - I am also extremely happy that this term is ending on Friday. Mock ballet exam is done, first Voortrekker camp is done, yearly Ophthalmologist appointment is done (new glasses being made as we speak), hockey season is something of the past and dress rehearsal for the revue done.

Of course, we have a BIG event next week - a certain awesome twosome are turning 6. Gosh 6! Wow. And as they have their birthday in the school holidays we are taking cupcakes for the kids to decorate themselves at school tomorrow and we will only have a party after the school re opens and when Ouma is visiting from PE. But the boys are ok with it - I think they are big enough to see the sense in it. No doubt we will have to repeat it a 100 times in the next 3/4 weeks until the party, but so be it.

It's been a good term academically for the kids. The Princess is continuing being a good student, Mr C surprised us by learning to read in grade 0 (it does sometimes happen that they just "grasp" it themselves without actively being taught - he is not the only one in the class) and Mr L has made great progress and is on his way to grade 0 at our school. I do not think I have mentioned it before but we got the formal ADHD diagnosis a while ago and although he is not on meds yet (to follow soon) our new OT has concentrated on this and he is growing in leaps. I am sure that the horse riding therapy has a big part to pay in it too. 

I am still keeping up with Project Life- 2 weeks ago I was behind but managed to catch up about 4 weeks in one weekend. I am way behind in posting the layouts though but if you are interested there may be some you have not seen yet.

Hope you are all doing well. I will pop in soon.


10 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's going so well with you guys. It sounds crazy busy though...hope you have a nice relaxed school holiday coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are extremely busy at the moment. Strongs with the ADHD. As you know my son have it as well, so if you need support or just someone to talk to, you know where to find me.
    I love the idea of the cupcakes that the kids need to decorate themselves. I would have never thought about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm literally crawling my way to the holidays. It's the first time EVER that I have taken leave for the full holidays. I don't know who is more excited - the Bunny or me??? I'd love to hear more about the OT practices without meds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sjoe. You've been very busy. Glad there's a breather ahead for you with the school holidays. Isn't it exciting when they just grasp the words and READ? Well done to him and to the other two for doing so well this term.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, life is busy busy busy.

    Struggling to keep up and blogging and reading is at the bottom of my to do list.

    Glad to hear you are all well tho.

    Can't believe the boys are turning SIX!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one busy mama! But glad the holiday is here and you can all take a breather. And how can your boys be 6 already. Feels like yesterday they were 5. And I'm sure the kids are all over the moon that ouma is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree life is busy, busy. So glad things are going well...this year is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly this year has flown too fast! Can't believe 6!!!

    You sound way too busy though - is it all necessary (don't throw tomatoes at me!)

    over to check out your project life :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your life sounds quite full, I hope you manage to have a little bit of a break during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've also been to busy to read and comment recently - never mind actually blog! BUt I do still like to see what everyone has been up to when I get a chance and still love seeing the mazing progress of your happy and healthy brood! :)

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?