A quick summary:
- My cold turned very nasty on Tuesday afternoon and after a night of almost no sleep with Little man L I paid a visit to my friendly GP who booked me off for two days with Respiratory tract infection and general fatigue. I got a nice sore shot of live anti bodies which should boost my immune system. 2 more of those to follow. I literally slept for 2 days. I am still a little tired and coldish,
- Little man C is now a confirmed allergy asthma sufferer and added as such by the medical aid for chronic medicine.His IGE count was 58 - more than twice of what confirms an allergy in a 2 year old (and he is off course only 18 months old.) A paediatric allergy profile was done for most foods and horse and dog hair and none has tested positive.
- He will have to go to the allergy clinic for more tests as the levels are so extremely high. We can only do this if he is well enough to be taken off his meds for 48 hours.
- I have been so busy purging, de- cluttering and tiding in the house, it is not even funny! But I have started to really really enjoy it - in fact, I gave up some of my time for taking a naps yesterday afternoon to complete my work in The Little Miss' room. Can this become my best addiction ever?
- I am finished with tiding and listing the kids' clothes for this winter and buying most of what is needed. I am delighted that The Little Miss needs very little, and that I made some sale buys last year for The Boys.
- And I am still holding with my fasting for Lent - I gave up salty snacks and am having a really hard time with it, especially when I am tired and /or sick. So last week was a real bummer.
- I have book club with me tomorrow night and am quite anxious that my food etc. will be good. I am a good cook, but it is the first time I am hosting, so I am hoping for the best. Some of the girls are awesome cooks. I have decided to stay with Italian which I have some lessons years ago - doing pasta (I am still thinking if I will make my own tonight or buy homemade), Alfredo and seafood sauce, a nice salad and fresh Italian bread. I am thinking of serving meringue nests with Nutella and cream, topped with chocolate eggs for the Easter theme.
- I am way behind on blog reading, but finished the twin book (check out my side bar) and will review asap. Suffice to say - a definite read for twin parents. I promise I will pop in at you blog soon.