Monday 31 August 2009

Makes my Monday - best playdough recipe ever!


Playing along with Cheryl - what a great way to start the week.

I have tried many playdough recipies and this one I begged off The Little Miss' school after they made great playdough on one of their baking Fridays. It is the third time I made this recipe and it is truly great - cheap, easy, exceptionally easy to shape and it keeps for months in a sealed container. This truly makes my Monday.



For a special touch, add food flavoring ie. strawberry to pink , mint to green and lemon to yellow. For extra special add dry glitter - it makes wonderful sparkly dough.

500 ml (16,9 ounces) All purpose flour
500 ml (16,9 ounces) water
125 ml (4,2 ounces) table salt
15 ml (0,5 ounces) creme of tartar
15 ml (0,5 ounces) glycerin
Food coloring and flavoring of your choice

Mix all except the coloring and flavoring.
Cook in a pot on a medium temperature while you keep stirring until it makes a ball in the middle of the pot.
Cool down and kneed well.
Add coloring and flavoring and keep in an airtight container.

I had to convert from the metric - hope it makes sense.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks...I will definitely be trying this. Thank you too, for the comforting comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I cannot believe I happened to click on your profile from SITS! Just YESTERDAY I was sitting at home with my 22 month old wishing I had play-dough for her. It rained all day yesterday and we rant out of things to do. I'm soooo going to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it. Your children are beautiful. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I am always looking for a great & easy craft for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even middle schoolers like to play with playdough.
    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, stopping by from Twinfatuation! Looks like we have a similar child configuration! lol. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great!! Thanks for the recipe:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat! When we run out of our playdoh, I will be using that recipe. Thanks!

    Cute Pictures...just stopping by from Makes My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! i was just looking for a recipe the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wanted a play dough recipe. Thanks, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking for a recipe for playdough and never founded. Thanks for sharing.

    Wonderful pictures.

    Have a nice week.

    PS: Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is PERFECT! Even though our two are turning 8 (EIGHT!!!!!) this weekend, we STILL (and I am 44 and still like it!) love some workable Play-Dough!

    The idea of glittery play-dough is EXTRA fun!

    thanks for the recipe, Cat, and for converting from the metric. (I'm so embarrassingly metric impaired)

    Your thoughtful share and darling pictures Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great thing! Thanks for sharing the receipe...you mad my monday with a new thing to do with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks very easy but let's see.... I've tried COUNTLESS fudge recipes over the years and I manage to mess them all up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @e0e489fc4ec6017f073ed0a9e8f2241a:disqus Let me know if you get it right - if not, I will bring you a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look how little they are here! Time just flies way too quickly!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?