Tuesday 3 March 2015

It was really a good weekend.


Flowers for my mom
I had such a great weekend - and I do think the rest of the family had a good one too. I was really spoiled with time for myself this weekend. On Friday night I went to a Stef Bos concert with 5 other ladies and it was such fun. Three of my favorite cousins went with and it was a night of good music and lots of laughter. I always forget how much I enjoy live music and although not one for big venue concerts the smaller scale ones totally fill my soul with joy.
Great eats by Loft restaurant

On Saturday morning I attended the #mombogmeetup and boy, was it a great event. I am not going to go into the details - so many others have already done that but I enjoyed the diverse and great speakers, good food, lovely venue and it was so very well organised by Laura and Heather. I loved putting some faces to the blogs I read and discovering some totally new blogs and the girls behind them. The goodie bags were excellent - I am not going to go into the details but check out the photos:




















Thanks to all the wonderful sponsors - who you will find at the link above. I will go into some details about one or two in later posts. I have to mention the lovely creative food Margie made right in front of our eyes. It was fun and very yummy.




















I returned home to the boys in the household making bows and arrows. It's the "in thing" in our home right now and as this develops I may give you and insight into it. Suffice to say the rest of the weekend was spent aiming at targets.

On Sunday my mom turned 79 and as she is still not very mobile (knee replacement pending) I went to help early with the many guests that came over. The kids and I made her a secret centre pinata cake which she cut to lots of laughs discovering the inside surprise. It was really tasty - the dark rich cake with the smarties inside. I will definitely make it again.


It was the first weekend in a month that we did not have a lot of grade 4 stuff going - projects, orals, tests etc. Although she does have 3 small tests and a poem to learn for this week we only did about an hour's work for the maths test. It was great having our weekend back!

How was yours?

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise cake for your mom! That's so cool. The JHB meet up looked like so much fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly ever comment, I know, but today's overwhelming thought that I couldn't leave without posting: OMG NOMNOMNOM THAT CAKE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should send one over to you....it was really great

      Delete
  3. We also had a relaxed weekend with The Student at home. We just missed out on a Barnyard experience, because I did not have the correct time on Sunday. I don't know who was more disappointed: Little Miss or me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for a lovely morning chatting to bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always jealous when I see blog meet ups. Love that cake...it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words on the meetup! Oh and I just love that cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?