Wednesday 9 May 2012

This is my 999th post!

Wow, I was a bit surprised when I noticed last week that I am nearing the milestone. I had a lot to say, and a lot to show over the last 4 years and one month. Ever since my very first post on the 3rd pf April 2008 I have gathered friends along the way. At first it was the MOM's all over the world - that special bread of Mothers of Multiples who live motherhood on a larger scale than one child at a time. Slowly I explored other avenues and as the kids grew from 6 month old babies (and a 3 year old Lill Miss) to two busy and independent 4 going on 5 year olds and a 7 year old Princess flying in big school. At some stage I started to reach out to other South African bloggers, other subjects than purely motherhood and discovered a whole new set of friends in the computer, some which I have met along the way and at least two who are very real friends to me. 

Looking back I can see the love, the support and the encouragement in my old posts. I also remember times when I supported other bloggers.
Imge credit
As you can well imagine, the statistics are quite interesting. Always good to look back on these little items as the years go on and the milestones are reached. In short, I have had 60 946 page views on my little blog - these days I get and average of about 40 page views per post, although some run much much higher up to 615 page views for my top post (you can see my 10 most read posts on the right hand side bar). Clearly someone needs to start writing Afrikaans book reviews - I also get a lot of hits (but never a comment) on all my Afrikaans books posted on my book club blog. 

My top 10 referring URL's include the blogs of some of my favorite South African bloggers - Margot (top referring URL), Lynette, Angel and Marcia. Also my oldest blog buddy ever, Debi in the USA sends a lot of traffic over - I have read and commented on her blog for more than a year before I started my own. Google reader is the second most referring URL - that is how I know a lot of you (as I do) use your readers without subscribing to a blog as a follower (but I do have a die hard 129 of those too ).

I am always astounded by which search phrases people find my blog but obviously "juggling" is always there. As is Lego and anything Lego related and Easter and South Africa. My audience has changed over the years from mainly USA to South Africa now being the at the top, followed very closely by the USA , the UK and Australia. Surprisingly enough I have a good amount of Russian readers, or so it seems. from my stats.

But that with all the stats and so. I have often been asked what my favorite posts are and really it is a huge body of work to sift through. Some that come to mind right now are:
To celebrate my 1000th post on Friday and to say thank you to you, my loyal blogging friends, both old and new, I will be hosting a fabulous giveaway from my very favorite shop ever. I am so excited to be able to do this! (Apologies to my international friends but for South African residents only).

So, for a pre -competition entry, I give you one guess and one guess only in a comment below. I am expecting all the silent readers to de- lurk on this one. If you know me and my blog, you would know the answer. This pre entry close at 6 am Friday morning.

30 comments:

  1. Woolworths off course. You and Shayne are both junkies.

    I am so glad to have met you in cyberspace and had the pleasure of spending some quality in real life time together. Congratulations on this huge milestone.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have said The Big Blue....but clearly I would be wrong! But I wont steal Lynettes answer! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm....I know that you like Woollies. I also know you like Big Blue.
    LOVE your blog AND your beautiful pics. Congrats on this milestone.
    And THANK YOU for introducing me to Debi's blog. She writes soooo beautifully about her darling Will. Sommer cried when I read today's entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say Big Blue too but now not so sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Blue of course.

    No doubt about it.

    I have loved getting to know you on the pc, and in real life, and then more in the pc. You are a friend in a million who I know will always have a spare shoulder for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! You are an amazing person, and I've loved reading your posts!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on approaching such a huge milestone! I love reading a tiny bit about your blogging journey...so interesting to think how things have changed over time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow cool idea for a giveaway, but I think you are the one who should be getting a prize for your tenacity and your 1000th post! Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Cat! Doesn't time just fly? How I love your blog and celebrate this milestone with you. :) Looking forward to the next 999 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the HUGE milestone! I was just noticing that I'm aboce 1,400 posts now. wow! I never did really recognize or celebrate 1,000 for some reason. Congrats and hope to read 1,000 more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the big mile stone!
    I'd go with Big Blue too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to say Exclusive Books....

    And congratulations on your 999 post. I have enjoyed following your blog and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Cat, you've really come a long way. I love reading about your family, and your blog is always on point. Congrats! On another note, You are killing us here...couldn't you just give one more clue, this here is tricky..how do we chose between the 2 shops....hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big Blue ;-)
    What a fantastic milestone! Congrats!,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big congratulations on this mile stone. I have not been reading your blog for very long...so not quite sure which is your favourite shop...so I am going to go with the other readers and say Big Blue....and if they are wrong, I am going to hunt each one down...haaahaaaaa.....only joking

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would go for Woolworths because you love to buy at that shop.
    Congrats on that milestone - it's a huge on in the blogging world. And just like Shayne, it's a great pleasure to be able to know you (in real life and here in the blogging world.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome milestone! Congrats!
    I was going to say Woollies and now I think it may be Big Blue...
    I'll go with Woolworths as my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am totally honoured, too referring URL! (takes a bow!) with all the other guesses I just have to be different but as you know I am the biggest non-shopper in the world. Ummmm - naartjie? Congratulations in your milestone, and the help and support over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, that's a lot of posts. And you have such lovely to read posts too! My guess is Poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Congrats girl:-)

    I would have to say Big Blue..?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats!!!!! I remember when I started blogging...I watched those stats like a hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS. I read your bog all the time...it just wont allow me to comment from work...just in case you were wondering :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay I am going with Big Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, cat, that is indeed a huge milestone! congrats!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?