Thursday 19 March 2015

Thankgiving Thursday

It's been a while since I counted my blessings - I should do this more regularly. Years ago we had a blog linky where we counted them every Thursday. But this morning a few things happened that's just not how I like to start my day. So I intend on making this a great day by counting my blessings.

1. The boys both brought home report cards yesterday that made my heart fill with joy. If you know the history of Mr L you would know just how much this means to us for him to get such a great report card in a main stream school. C held his usual high level which is great. My heart is just filled to the brim with happy.

2. A had a fabulous first show night for her ballet concert. My mom and two of her friends went to see it and they all 3 raved about how great the whole show was but also how refined her troupes performance is. We are seeing the show tonight and I really can not wait. I love how all that hard work comes together in a beautiful show of dance.

3. No more Saturday ballet until exam time! This ballet every Saturday 8-12 for most of a term is exhausting for all. Yes my friends, that is the level of dedication these girls have (and has had for the last 5 years - this is our 5th concert)

4. The lovely cool and rainy weather - although I am a total summer person I missed these type of days we usually have dotted over the summer months and this year almost totally missed. Yes, technically its autumn but with 30 degrees C weather the last few weeks you can hardly call it autumn.

5. The luxury of being able to get a free Friday afternoon to attend a mother and daughter farewell for a friend of mine and her daughter ( a friend of A) that are leaving for Oz at the end of the month. We are going to miss them so much!

So what are you Thankful of? And who wants to make this a weekly thing once again?

9 comments:

  1. Great idea. Man, 4 hours of ballet classes, great dedication...does A have any spare for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see your children blossoming. This week I'm grateful that my son was employed for a 4 day freelance job in the movie industry which is what he wanted. I'm grateful for my health, it takes feeling totally grotty for a week to appreciate that. I like your idea but not totally sure how a linky works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get enough interest I will show you

      Delete
  3. Thankful about an upcoming camping weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list...and isn't it amazing that so much of our happiness revolve around our children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true - they say a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child

      Delete
  5. These are so good to remind us of our blessings. A very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should always remember to be grateful and count our blessings. I'm thankful for my family and friends and good health and food on my table and a job

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?