Wednesday 20 April 2016

Yesterday was one of those days

I have a situation at work. Well not at work - on a building site. It's one of those situations where it's not my fault but I need to make things work around the fault. You know, when the sh* hits the fan it spreads? When grown men shout and stomp their feet and walk off site like 3 year olds - you know? Those type of situations.

I spent 4 hours in the sun measuring out parking bays that a qualified person is supposed to be able to do by themselves - if they have only build the boundary wall on the actual boundary and not half a meter short - the crux of the issue. It's a domino effect of gigantic proportions.


Hence my planned books post never happened.  More books for next week I guess.
 
I came home exhausted and tired and just short of tears. To three pairs of embracing arms, homework all done and waiting to spend time with me. Offering to feed the dogs, asking me to listen to their flute practice and showing off full marks tests. Thank goodness to our au pair who helps so much.

Coming home was the best part of the day - and then when Hunter came home later even better. Good thing that when life is tough at the office it's great at home.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry- I hope today went a bit better. I always look forward to book posts so will look out for that one when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beeeeeeeg hugs. Hope today went better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Big hugs to you. I hope today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your week gets better!

    www.melodramaticadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word! It's true that one part must flow well otherwise it's all a bit useless, isn't it? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big,big hugs! And yay to 3 pairs of loving,hugging arms to squish all the ick of the day away! And for awesome au pairs! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds tough! Glad you had the family welcoming you home!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?