Friday 18 November 2016

Five for Friday edition 22

So yes, I missed my usual Friday wrap up because my heart was filled with Leonard Cohen - but in short - this is what's happening in our world:

1. A has her first week of exams behind her - she has prepared well but woke up with a cold on Saturday morning and Monday for her first exam she was all but a happy camper with that blocked nose. In conjunction with the big Maths paper I sincerely hope she felt ok and did her thing.
2. The schools' internal cricket league began on Monday for the boys. It's based on the IPL and features teams like Thunders and Legends with bright colours and lots of fun. I do hope the boys enjoy it to the full. Mr L literally struggled to fall asleep Sunday night - huge excitement. It did mean a full week of cricket and a double session today but the finals are Monday if the weather plays along.

3. I made old fashioned Mac and cheese on Sunday night - just added a bit of friend bacon and onion. It was a huge hit - I made a good almost 1 litres of cheese sauce and it was a cheesy and lovely. Am going to make this way more often. On that note - what are your family staples? I am trying to bring some variations in that will not break the bank.

4.The next two weekends are filled with lots of fun things to do. They will be busy but will be fun - of that I am sure. Just to get the last weekend of studying out of our way.

5. For those that remember my post about singing in The Capital Singers in August (here's the post) - we are busy practicing for our next performance - come and listen to me and 425 others sing the most festive of Christmas songs. Best of all - children under 12 are free - we are singing everything from "Santa Claus is coming to town" to "O Holy Night. It's a great way to start the festive season.
So - any 5 for Fridays?

13 comments:

  1. Exams are such a stressful time. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster with Victoria in grade 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made exactly the same last Sunday - mac and cheese with lots of cheese and bacon. Its a HUGE hit with everyone. I am definitely adding it to my weekly menu ;) Cricket looks like so much fun! Good luck for today's matches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac and cheese is something I NEED to make this weekend. You made it sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do a creamy pasta on a Saturday night - all of mine are usually hits and they want seconds :) I just toss in whatever I have.

    My family staples depend on the weather. I should actually put up an IG post on Organising Queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also regularly make creamy pasta - on the carbonara method but my mac and cheeses is different - lots of thick homemade cheese sause

      Delete
  5. Deep breaths...the yearbis nearly done. Mac and cheese made by B is one of my favourite dishes. ( sy noem dit moerbei kos ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope A's cold eases up soon. Sucky to write exams with a sniffle
    Love mac & cheese. I also make extra cheese sauce, the proper way.
    We sometimes to hotdogs or boerie rolls when we are feeling lazy. Or wraps with left over meat. Even just a good old fried egg on toast does for us sometimes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We adore eggs in our home. French toast is another of my easy meals we regularly do

      Delete
  7. Wow, how surreal is it that the year-end exams are almost over and it's almost DECEMBER?! Can't wait for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?