Wednesday 24 June 2009


Playing along on a Wednesday (as per usual) with Cheryl at Twinfatuation and Angie at 7 Clown Circus:

We have a long tradition in our extended family to get together on occasions and off course, there are always photos involved.

Timeline: Christmas 1973 (We think)
My age: Just 5, my two boy cousins right at the front: 7 years.

Cousins in the extended family: Front Gerrit and Johan, second row Petru and me, third row Theo Dallein, Ernst and Marianne, back row Andries, Carel and Theo.

And last weekend at Verlorenkloof:

Johan,me and Gerrit.

And in March at Komatipoort:

From left to right Petru, Marianne, their mom and Theo.

My, not only have we grown - we've grown old! Geez!

BTW, thanks to all who left comments yesterday and was concerned about me - I really appreciate your support. We had a better night last night - apart from having a water leak in our roof and Hunter having to climb up into the ceiling at midnight and turning off the water mains on the street. Fun times!

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have! But old? I think not. The only thing that shows the old is the length of the boys shorts in the 70's, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first photo. Photos from the '70s have those great green and yellow tones to them. I love it! You have a lovely family.

    Happy WW from Sara @ The Mostly Wordless Wednesday H.Q.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is so beautful. You are truely blessed. Stopping by from SITS and wanted to say hi :) Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to see the 'then and now' pictures, and great that you still all get together regularly.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrast of the old photos and the updated ones. It really shows how far you have come:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing pictures of you and your family over the years. Too fun! Sorry you had such a difficult day. I pray the rest of the week will be much better. Esp re. flooding. NO MORE FLOODING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photo timeline! That is wonderful that you all are a close family - such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the flash back photo and the updated ones' too. thanks for sharing.
    Stopping in from the sits
    glad to hear your getting that leak taking care of. I hate all the problems a house brings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! The family ones are always the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. Love family pics!Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cousins are great! I'm quite close to some of my cousins and not so close to others... I still hope we can do these sort of photos one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love looking at old photos:) So neat to see how we've all changed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE these shots...especially the retro 1973 snap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love all of your fabulous old photos. Such great memories.

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?