All the public holidays have done nothing but increase my workload in the days available so I have sadly not posted for a whole week.
1. Our long weekend was filled with sick kids and later on a sick me (all just a cold but unpleasant enough to boycott any fun events). But we are all better and am looking forward to a happier weekend. Pretoria is really doing that early Spring thing at the moment although we know we are still in for a good few cold fronts.
2. I attended the #Jozimeetup on Saturday and it was just a great one. Great to see some old friends in the computer and great to make some new ones. The goodie bag was great and although every single item is much appreciated the Palladio blusher/bronzer is my absolute favorite and will be a staple in my make up bag from now on.
3. I have had the best service from Totem bags - there has been a stock shortage for a while at the retail outlets so I phoned them directly. They informed me when they received the stock, I placed the order on the website last Friday and despite the public holidays we had C's new school bag on Wednesday. Yes, their bags may cost a bit more than others but they are well designed, safe for backs , approved by medical practitioners and very sturdy. A's bag is almost 3 years old and you can hardly spot any wear and tear on it and it gets washed 4 times a year! They also come with a 3 year guarantee. (I was in no way approached by them for a mention nor received anything from Totem - this post is for the interest of all reading here - my form of "Public service")
4. The magic of zinc! A started having the typical little spots the pre teens get. I chatted to our pharmacist who suggested adding zinc supplements and brewers yeast. And guess what - a fantastic improvement in just two months! Our au pair has given it a try as well and also had a big improvement on spots.
5. Some times this little blog gives me huge surprises. My Afrikaans book reviews post was just 24 hours old when I looked at the stats - quite possibly my 3rd best performing post ever in such a short time. So it's true - there is without a doubt a need for it.
With this I hope you have a wonderful and warm weekend!