I can not believe it's been 3 weeks since I have blogged. But life has been super busy - at the office and at home with the kids. Last week in particular has been challenging. But let me give you a run down of our first 3 weeks of this term - one that seems to speed to an end.
1. I went camping with the Voortrekkers for our yearly fun camp. The venue has many fantastic activities for the kids and they all had heaps of fun. The human foozeball and a huge gladiator course based on the old Gladiators TV show was the absolute hits of the weekend. I had a very busy weekend taking photographs and attending to lost of bruises.
3. The yearly RAD ballet exam is done and dusted. It is always an event that causes it's fair share of stress although our dancer seems to take it easier every year. She did grade 4 this year.
4. On Thursday afternoon A had the unprepared drama Eisteddfod and with her lovely partner managed two A+ and one A++. It was a busy afternoon and we only finished up at almost 19:00. The boys were troupers through all this.
5. The short 4th term swimming gala season ended on Friday. When I asked the Princess if she wanted to swim in the last gala (seeing that she had a hectic 3 days in stall), she answer "duh, of course" - I love that spirit and go get attitude. She swam well and was happy with her races.
7. On Saturday morning she danced her parents exam showcase for the ballet. Every year this leaves me in awe of how far the girls' ballet have come in a year.
8. I drove an initiative at the Voortrekkers to collect Santa Shoeboxes. It was a bit hectic at times to get all the lists and ages etc sorted but Santa Shoebox helped me (as did a lot of moms and even my office staff) and we handed in 62 pledged boxes on Saturday afternoon. I love that we grew our 3 little boxes into this! It was such a positive and fulfilling exercise and I love how parents told me and messaged me that their kids learned so much about how privileged they are through this initiative.