Friday, 22 January 2010
Friday 22 January
Hosted by Cecily and Carrie
So this is owing up to a long promised market post way back in November about the Biscuit Mill market we visited in Cape Town in November. My previous market posts about the Pretoria farmers market and the Irene village market were very well received, so without further ado:
Anti pasto for breakfast?
I can tell you those croissants were delicious.
So many types of mushrooms.
Cupcakes and home made ginger beer.
To enjoy with your Grolsch.
Mini plaatkoekjes (or pancakes for the Americans) served with icing sugar and butter.
Juicy berries - some I have never seen before.
And the South African favorite - oysters and
champagne (ok Cape classic brut )
I am just loving Friday fragments - have all sorts of stupid random things happening in my mind.
1. We are using so much milk - almost 2 liters a day now that the boys are also drinking whole milk. I wonder how much milk a family with 9 kids use?
2. If you are one of my 5 South African readers, Woollies has a great special on milk - 2 x 2liters for a great price.
3. Although it has been cloudy and rainy all week, I am still not tired of this weather. But I do wish for better light for my photographs.
4. It seems we are having some sort of success with the going to bed on our own and sleeping thing- sleeping through most nights but wake up time is 5 am! Now with the cloudy weather, I am getting another 20 to 30 minutes of grace with this waking up time - maybe that explains item 3.
5. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my Wednesday post - I am not going riding tomorrow - I am giving my body and soul another week to recover, but next Saturday, it's back into the saddle. I did do two rounds right after the fall, so I should be ok.
6. I watched the first episode of Grey's anatomy series 6 last night which I recorded on Monday - my, how emotional. I am liking Meredith less and less and Callie more and more.The way Dr Bailey (Miranda is my favorite character) asked where each of George's organs goes, just gripped my heart.
7. Also watched the first episode of the new series of The Mentalist series 2 - what a great series. Patrick Jane must be one of the most original characters ever created (and my is Simon a hunk).
8. This is a whole lot of TV for someone who does not watch much!
9. Does anybody out there know how long it takes for your body to recover after two years of sleep deprivation? We have been in good sleeping patterns for a couple of months now and I am dead tired - all the time. Having my thyroid checked out in case it is that.