So how has everybody been? I took a nice 4 day long weekend with the kids and it was really great - well mostly. But don't you agree with me - school should have closed down on Wednesday - now we have this loos week in between and honestly no one is feeling like school. All 3 kids had quite a bit of homework today so it is not like the academics has slowed down on bit. Our weekend in a nutshell:
- The boys both had friends over on Friday after both the friend's moms helped me out for a few hours the morning while I took A to the doctor. The boys had huge fun - all 4 or the two sets apart. The lounge was turned into a Lego den for most of the day and the next and wonderful creations were build.
- After participating in a hockey course on Thursday A had to pay a visit to the doctor on Friday morning with a swollen and sore foot. Turns out a stress fracture has been forming over a period of time and that the hockey was just the last straw. 4 Weeks of rest, strapping and some anti inflammatories and she should be good for the go. Apparently a rather common event for growing kids especially dancers, gymnasts, long jumpers and long distance runners.
- C yesterday had a huge fall while walking with the dogs - so he has grazed knees, an ankle and an elbow. The poor kid is walking with greater difficulty than A at the moment.
- We saw the Angry birds movie - the kids loved it - I should have taken a podcast or something along... Honestly most kids movies give something adults can enjoy - this one - nothing! Or am I the odd on out here? Please give me some feedback.
- A had two parties - a Disco dance one on Wednesday night which was a huge hit with all the boys and girls. It was for a boy /girl twin pair that are leaving for the USA this week - so a farewell too. She also had a very relaxed picnic under the trees at the Botanical garden on Saturday where they all just chilled.
- I also managed to get all the kids mostly sorted with winter clothes - yes I know, it's halfway through but I just did not get the chance up to now. I have to take them all along and can really not buy for them without them with me any more.
- We tried to make yesterday a great Fathersday for our Hunter - he is such a brilliant dad and deserves every minute of the day. We took him breakfast in bed and had lunch at my moms. (Which he helped to cook but was happy to do so)
- And we realized once again on Saturday night that the kids will push boundaries - even at 11 and 8 and that you have to lay down the lines. Hence there are two kids in our house with no access to their tablets and no TV until we decide that they have done their dues.